Cooking and baking have always been a hobby of mine, however I make a lot of mistakes. I also usually make a huge mess as well. I take after my mother.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recipe: Healthy and Lite Coleslaw


This is an amazingly fresh and healthy 'coleslaw.'

I put coleslaw in quotes because with out mayonnaise it's probably not actually a coleslaw but it's the the only coleslaw I like! (I can't stand mayo)

It's super quick and easy and is really fresh.

Ingredients:
~A few apples
~1-2 tbs lemon juice
~2-4 cups shredded green cabbage
~2-4 cups shredded red cabbage
~1/2-1 cup craisins


Vinaigrette
~2 Tbs Olive Oil
~2 Tbs Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
~1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
~1-2 TBS Mustard (Spicy brown or whichever you prefer)
~ (you can also add a tbs or two of honey to sweeten it up a bit)


Directions
Chop up apples
Add lemon juice to keep them from turning brown and for flavor.


Chop up the Cabbage (I only had green and didn't do a great job as i was in a hurry!)

Mix the vinaigrette together. Whisk it until everything looks incorporated.

Add apples, vinaigrette, and Craisins to the cabbage.
Toss everything together and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment