Cooking and baking have always been a hobby of mine, however I make a lot of mistakes. I also usually make a huge mess as well. I take after my mother.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Cake


My adventure in making a white cake with butter cream frosting. (errrrr orange/purple/white cake).





Started with sugar, eggs and butter.
Added milk and flour bit by bit while mixing in between. Should have made sure milk was at room temperature.

Added Orange food dye for the first two cakes.


and purple for the next batch.
 The three tiers! Let them cool in


fridge over night, and then cut off the edges (some of them may have been slightly burnt....) oops! But no biggie since, we're cutting them off!




Start the layering process. Added straws to help support the layers.

The left side is the crumb frosting which I did the day before the real frosting, which is to the right.

Added more milk to the last layer of frosting to help make it as smooth as possible.

Tempered chocolate and added it to a black (food coloring) butter cream frosting. Then heated the frosting on the double broiler and poured it on the cake.













 whipped frosting

 got lazy... easier to hold the bowl in my lap!


 mmmm....

 that bag of sugar was almost empty by the end...












No comments:

Post a Comment