Cooking and baking have always been a hobby of mine, however I make a lot of mistakes. I also usually make a huge mess as well. I take after my mother.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Recipe: Cabbage Soup


So here is a quick entry for basic Cabbage soup
Chop up: 
3 Carrots
5 Stalks of Celery
1 Onion
2TBS chopped Garlic

Place veggies in a large pan or dutch oven
Add 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1-2 TBS olive oil

Saute for about 5 min.

Chop up 1 head of cabbage as shown below ( I did two as I was making  double recipe).

 Chop in half

Cut out stalks

Slice into thin strips. *Note: I did this very quickly so my cabbage was quite large in my soup. If you are looking to impress, be careful to make sure all of the strips of cabbage  are separated from one another.

Add Cabbage to your bowl.

Add 6-8 cups of Chicken Broth or water with a 2 cubes of chicken bullion

Boil/Simmer for about an hour or until the cabbage is tender enough for you to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment