Cooking and baking have always been a hobby of mine, however I make a lot of mistakes. I also usually make a huge mess as well. I take after my mother.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blog: No Sugar makes life a lot sweeter

It's incredible. I feel so much more free without sugar and/or sweets. I thought it would be awful but I find myself so much less anxious about food.

Take for example tonight. I've been baking a cake and I cut off the edges so there was a heap of cake scraps left over. Normally, I would have helped myself to more than a few of them. I would have then eaten dinner, but been secretly craving more cake. Post dinner, I would have gone back for more cake pieces until I felt overly full and high on sugar. And even then after being sickly full,  while going to bed, I still would have been wanting more cake.

Now I haven't had sweets for 9 weeks, and I don't really see myself going back to them anytime soon. I don't really even crave goodies any more. When I want something sweet, I go for yogurt with fruit, or frozen mango. Sometimes I'll even make myself white bread for a treat. But that's way more satisfying than straight sugary treats are.

I'm not saying I'll never eat sweets again, I'm just saying, for the time being, life is sweeter without the sugar!

1 comment:

  1. In the meantime, you have teammates/roommates who will eat those cake scraps for you! yum yum munch munch.

    ReplyDelete